Degree Level: Masters and Bachelors
Available Subject: This Scholarship is available for all the subjects taught in the university. There is no limitation on the field of study.
Scholarship Benefits: Fully funded
- visa costs
- an economy return airfare to Australia
- payment of compulsory university fees and charges
- a generous quarterly living allowance
Eligible Nationalities: UK
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be UK-resident and need to ascertain their own eligibility for a postgraduate programme (MA or PhD) in Australia.
- Application forms will be made available on this webpage from April
- After the closing date submissions are distributed to an Evaluation Committee
- The Trustees then decide the scholarship awardee(s)
- The decision is communicated to all applicants approximately 2 months after submissions close (i.e. around the end of October)
Applications must be supported by:
- A statement from the applicant on the proposed course (1 or 2 pages)
- Two references from persons able to assess the academic potential and character of the applicant
- A Firm Offer from the university. If no offer has yet been obtained then a statement from the host institution in Australia indicating that programme of study can be appropriately pursued there and that the candidate is eligible and has been given provisional acceptance
- A statement of why the study must be undertaken in Australia
- A CV
- The above must be completed on the Northcote Postgraduate Scholarship application form
Terms and Conditions:
- The flight out must be taken within one year of the award
- No funds above those stated will be entertained
- The award be granted for no longer than 3 years
- Scholars are responsible for arranging their own health cover, insurance etc.
- A yearly report must be submitted on progress and expenditure. This must be supported by course supervisors. Continuation of the grant depends on satisfactory reports
- A comprehensive report on completion of the study is also required
We aim to publish application forms annually in April.
The forms are then also obtainable from The Northcote Trust Administrator:
The Northcote Trust
c/- The Britain-Australia Society
London WC2B 4LG