The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and the Walmart Foundation are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding first-year students attending one of the publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) within the TMCF 47 member-school network.
Degree Level: Bachelors Degree programs are availabel under this scholarship.
Available Subjects: Programs offered by selected USA Universities
Scholarship Benefits: Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship up to $6,200 for the 2019-2020 academic school year which can be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board, and required textbooks purchased from member-schools. The scholarship will be disbursed in the fall and spring semesters at $3,100 per semester.
Eligible Nationals: USA Nationals Only
- Be a first-generation college student
- Be a graduating high-school senior
- Be accepted and enrolled as a full-time freshman student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Have a high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Be recommended by a high school counselor
- Demonstrate outstanding financial need
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card
Application Procedure: To apply, create or log in to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | Walmart Foundation First-Generation Scholarship application.
Deadline: This application will close on May 26, 2019 (11:59 PM EST).