UBC Undergraduate Awards, Canada
Applications are invited for UBC awards for international students to pursue undergraduate degree programme at the University of British Columbia in Canada.
International Leader of Tomorrow Award-winners receives an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition, fees, and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs. A standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information provided by students and their families.
As one of the world’s leading universities, the University of British Columbia creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people of British Columbia, Canada, and the world.
- Award is available for pursuing undergraduate degree level at the University of British Columbia.
- Award is provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University of British Columbia.
- ILOT Award winners will receive an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition and student fees, plus their living and other related costs at UBC, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs. A standard needs-assessment will be made, based on the financial information provided by students and their families.
Scholarship can be taken in the Canada
Eligibility Criteria: Award candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from. To be considered for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, students must:
- Be applying for their first undergraduate degree
- Be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- Have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- Be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- Demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree
- Be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or another university
Eligible Nationalities: International students can apply for these awards.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard).
English language Requirements: Applicants must meet the English Language Requirements at University of British Columbia.
Application Procedure: Nomination packages must be postmarked by December 1, 2016. Nominees must also complete the online application for academic admission to UBC by December 1, 2016, and meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by January 31, 2017. Although applicants to UBC can specify two program choices in their application for admission, an International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination will be considered only in relation to the nominee’s first choice program. Early application is encouraged, to ensure an application decision can be made in time for nomination consideration.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is December 1, 2016.