Undergraduate Scholarships at University of Melbourne in Australia 2015
University of Melbourne is awarding up to 50 international undergraduate scholarships. Scholarships are available for international students (other than Australia and New Zealand) who hold an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region. The application deadline is 31 January 2015.
- Scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the University of Melbourne.
- Scholarships are available to undertake undergraduate degree program at the University of Melbourne.
- University of Melbourne, Australia is providing these Scholarships.
Eligibility: To be considered for a fee remission scholarship you must:
-be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
-have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course;
-have achieved excellent final year school results, such as: 4 A-grades in the GCE A Levels, an ATAR of 99.9 in the Australian Year 12 program, overall 98% in an approved Foundation program and an International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 44; and
-not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program);
- International students (other than Australia and New Zealand) can apply for these scholarships.
- The International Undergraduate Scholarships were established by the University of Melbourne in recognition of the significant contribution made by international student to the diversity of the University’s student population. The University usually awards 50 scholarships per annum.
- Up to 50 international undergraduate scholarships are awarded.
- Scholarships are offered for the duration of degree programme.
- The International Undergraduate scholarship provides one of the following benefits:
-a one off $10,000 fee remission from tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate degree; or
-a 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree; or
-a 100% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree.
- International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region. Scholarships have been awarded to students from countries such as Mexico, Singapore, Bangladesh, China, Mauritius, Sweden, Malaysia, USA and India.
- There are five selection rounds with a designated number of scholarships available for each round: November, December and January for student commencing in Semester 1 or 2 and April and May for students commencing in Semester 2. Successful candidates will be notified via within two weeks of the selection round being held.
- Applicants do not need to submit an application for this scholarship. All eligible students who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered.
- The application deadline is 31 January 2015.
Note: Applications will be open on 1 November 2014.
Share this Scholarship for others