The Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarship is for students of the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies by distance learning who wish to begin their studies in October.
The scholarship celebrates the career of the refugee law expert, Professor Goodwin-Gill, a close friend and supporter of the Refugee Law Initiative at the University of London’s School of Advanced Study.
The University of London is a collegiate research university located in London, England, consisting of 18 constituent colleges, nine research institutes and a number of central bodies.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Available Subject(s): Scholarship is awarded in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing MA degree programme at the University of London.
Scholarship Benefits: The Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarship covers all module fees for the two-year part-time programme – two core modules, four elective modules, and two Dissertation modules (worth £7,720 in total). It does not cover the fees charged by examination centres for sitting exams, resubmission fees, fees for switching elective modules, or any other costs not directly payable to the University (such as additional materials or electronic equipment). You must be able to meet these costs.
Eligibility: To apply, applicants must:
- hold an offer to study the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, which you cannot pursue without financial support;
- demonstrate outstanding academic merit or potential in the field, evidenced by your past achievements.
They cannot apply if:
- you have previously applied for a Guy S. Goodwin-Gill or Sadako Ogata scholarship (unless expressly invited to reapply by the Refugee Law Initiative);
- you are a current University of London student;
- you do not yet have an offer for the MA programme.
Eligible Nationality: Applicants from low- and middle-income countries can apply for these scholarships.
Albania, Gibraltar, Norway, Andorra, Greece, Poland, Armenia, Greenland, Portugal, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Azerbaijan, Iceland, Russian Federation, Belarus, Ireland, San Marino, Belgium, Isle of Man, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Italy, Slovak Republic, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Slovenia, Channel Islands, Kosovo, Spain, Croatia, Kyrgyz Republic, Sweden, Cyprus, Latvia, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Liechtenstein, Tajikistan, Denmark, Lithuania, Turkey, Estonia, Luxembourg, Turkmenistan, Faroe Islands, Macedonia, FYR, Ukraine, Finland, Moldova, United Kingdom, France, Monaco, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Montenegr,o Germany and Netherlands
- STEP 1: Candidates must hold an offer to study the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies programme. (We recommend applying by 1 August if you intend to apply for the scholarship.)
- STEP 2: Complete the application form and submit with your CV to RLI-at-sas.ac.uk by 21 August. Applicants should include relevant past achievements, professional positions, personal and financial details, and a statement of your motivations in applying for the scholarship.
- STEP 3: Wait for the outcome before completing your programme registration.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 21, 2017.