The Vice-Chancellor’s Social Champion Scholarships will be offered to international students intending to commence at UC in semester 1 2023, who exhibit the University of Canberra’s core values and demonstrate a commitment to social engagement, sustainability and reducing inequalities.
Undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree in any subject.
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Up to $50,000 per year, covering all tuition fees for the course duration, on-campus accommodation, $10,000 AUD yearly financial allowance, and other miscellaneous expenses in the first year.
Applications are encouraged from students who live in Latin America, Southeast Asia, Africa and South Asia, do not otherwise have the resources to finance international study, and do not have access to other significant scholarships (example: Australia Awards).
You are eligible to apply if you:
- are located offshore at the time of application.
- have applied for but not yet commenced an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at the University of Canberra.
- have satisfied the program academic requirement with a minimum of 80% average (or equivalent).
- hold any form of offer letter (including conditional or provisional offer) issued by the University of Canberra.
- are applying to study on an Australian student visa (subclass 500).
- are a new commencing student.
- the primary visa applicant. Dependants will not be eligible for the scholarship, or able to accompany the primary visa applicant.
To apply, you must complete the VC’s Social Champion Scholarship online application form. Deadline is 9 October 2022.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.