Scholarship Description: The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) is inviting applications for Postdoctoral Fellowship Science Education and Communication for talented junior researchers who want to further develop both their research and teaching skills.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for four hundred years, and with success: the University is currently in or around the top 100 on several influential global ranking lists.
Degree Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Fellowship is awarded to study Science Education and Communication.
Scholarship Benefits: The University of Groningen offers a starting salary depending on the date you obtained your PhD and your postdoctoral years. The UFO-profile Researcher/Lecturer (scale 10) applies. In addition to the primary salary the University offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%:
0 years: € 3,255 gross per month for a full-time position
• 1 year: € 3,389 gross per month for a full-time position
• 2 years € 3,514 gross per month for a full-time position
• 3 years € 3,637 gross per month for a full-time position.
Number of Scholarships: The University currently offers 13 fellow positions in a broad range of scientific fields.
Eligible Nationalities: Fellowships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• A PhD, obtained no longer than 3 years ago, preferably from another university than the University of Groningen
• A promising research record
• Affinity with teaching; individuals with actual teaching experience will be favoured
• An excellent command of English.
Application Procedure: You may apply for this position until 25 November 23:59h / before 26 November 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete application including:
• A letter of motivation
• A curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
• A short description (max 1 A4) of your teaching interests (extra attachment 1)
• A short description (max 1 A4) of your scientific field of interest (extra attachment 2).
Deadline: November 25, 2018