Every semester International Education & Engagement allocates money to students who are greatly involved in educating others about their home country/culture or who wish to study abroad while maintaining a high GPA. The money for these scholarships comes from the Student Association and the UW System Fund. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist students who pay out-of-state tuition (for international students) or to encourage international awareness (for domestic students).
Focus: Develop intercultural understanding and communication through participating in campus and community events
Scholarship Awards: Varies
Fall Semester: December 1 Spring Semester: May 1
Note: Applications will be accepted starting two weeks prior to the application deadline.
- EDUCATION/STUDY ABROAD STUDENTS:
- December 1 deadline is for upcoming Winter Intersession and Spring education abroad programs
- May 1 deadline is for summer and fall education abroad programs
- Applicants will be notified via UWL email regarding the outcome of their application, including the amount of scholarship awarded in January for fall submissions and June for spring submissions.
- Scholarship awards will appear on student bills the semester following the application submission.
Eligibility: Current full-time UWL undergraduate (2.5 GPA) or graduate students (3.0 GPA) who meet one of the following criteria (not based on financial need):
- F-1 degree-seeking international student who is not government sponsored and who has earned at least three activity points by participating in a wide variety of programming semester of application.
- Education/Study abroad student planning to participate in a UWL approved program during the following term who has
- Completed mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation (PDO)
- Completed the UWL Study Abroad Application (If UWL study abroad applications are incomplete by the time the selection process begins, students will not be considered for the I-Engage scholarship).
- Agreed that upon return to UWL if awarded a scholarship student must complete 3 activity points for semester program, 2 activity points for a summer program and 1 activity point for winter/spring break program or will be required to pay back the scholarship award amount.
Students are strongly encouraged to submit an application each semester during their UWL career, provided they meet one of the eligibility requirements listed above.