Scholarship Description: Applications are now open for International Training Programme (ITP): “International Module in Spatial Development Planning (IMSDP)”. Applicants from Europe and from countries around the world are invited to join with doctoral students and research fellows from the KU Leuven in a unique programme of intensive study and critical discussion of International Spatial Development Planning, specifically designed for postgraduate training.
Scholarship Description: The Postgraduate Programme in International Spatial Development Planning – in short International Module in Spatial Development Planning or IMSDP – is an intensive three months (early March through May) teaching and research programme for post-graduate students and researchers in urban studies and planning.
Education and research are top priorities for Flanders (Vlaanderen) – the Dutch-speaking northern part of Belgium. The Flemish universities and university colleges rank among the best in Europe.
Degree Level: This is a three months training scholarships for postgraduate students and researchers. The IMSDP programme is open to Doctoral students, Master students (II level Master), Postgraduate students ands Researchers, as well as professionals willing to improve their knowledge and research skills.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in urban studies and planning.
Scholarship Benefits: VLIR-UOS only provide scholarships for the full duration of the training programme. It is not possible to apply for a partial scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: VLIR-UOS supports the programme with 12 scholarships for participants from the global South.
Eligible Nationalities: Applicants from Europe and from countries around the world are invited to join with doctoral students and research fellows from the KU Leuven in a unique programme of intensive study and critical discussion of International Spatial Development Planning, specifically designed for postgraduate training.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Post?graduate students (Ph.D. and II level Master) and other academic fellows (Post?Doctoral and Research fellows). A limited number of scholarships could be allocated to outstanding students currently registered as master students and/or with a bachelor degree of 5 years.
- Practitioners (professionals and civil servants) who wish to improve their research capabilities.
Application Procedure: The IMSDP is open to:
- Candidates registered at Universities that are partners of the ESDP network.
- KU Leuven students.
- VLIR-UOS supported participants.
- Other candidates.
Candidates in ESDP Partner Universities should first get in touch and be cleared by their university contact person. After that, they should contact: Pieter.vandenbroeck-at-kuleuven.be and natalia.giraorodriguesdemello-at-kuleuven.be.
Candidates eligible for VLIR-UOS support, see: http://esdp-network.net/vlir-uos-scholarships
When applying, all candidates should include the following attachments:
- A short motivation letter.
- An abstract of their research (1 page).
- A reference letter.
- Proof of English Proficiency: IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 575 (paper based – PBT)/TOEFL 233 (computer based – CBT)/ TOEFL 90 (iBT).
After selection, candidates will receive instructions for official registration.
Deadline: November 23, 2018