Scholarship Description: The Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation is inviting applications for Japanese Studies Scholarships for 2019. Students from Australia are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
It is a goal of the Western Australian Government that scholarship recipients will help to strengthen professional ties between Japan and Western Australia.
Scholarship Provider: The Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation was formed on 1 July 2017 as part of the Western Australian Government’s Machinery of Government changes. The department is Western Australia’s lead agency for economic development, international trade and investment, and tourism. It also leads the promotion and development of the defence, international education, science and innovation sectors in Western Australia.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to graduates.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study Japanese study programme.
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarship recipients will receive the following:
A return economy airfare from Perth to Japan;
- A maintenance allowance of ¥200,000 per month; and
- An initial allowance of $3,000 for fees and other expenses.
Eligible Nationalities: Students from Australia are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The scholarships provide promising students or graduates, who are proficient in the Japanese language, with the opportunity to spend up to one year studying at a university in Japan.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have Australian citizenship or evidence that Australian Citizenship status will be approved prior to departure for Japan.
- a) Be a student of a higher education institution in Western Australia, or an institution of equivalent standing, and have completed at least two years of full-time study (or equivalent part-time study) in an appropriate Japanese language course, by the end of this year. OR
2 b) Be a graduate from a university, having a reasonable command of the Japanese language and developed an interest in Japan through employment or further studies.
- Be planning to attend a university or college of higher education in Japan in the 2019 academic year.
The following items must be included with all applications:
- A completed typewritten application form, including responses to the application criteria listed in the application form;
- A transcript of academic record from all relevant higher education institutions in Western Australia, or institutions of equivalent standing, for completed and current courses; and 3. two written references inclusive of the following:
- One reference which refers specifically to competency in the Japanese language; and
- One personal reference.
Deadline: August 10, 2018