The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution now accepting applications for one-week Journalism Fellowship Programme in the field of oceanography and ocean engineering. This fellowship is available for international Journalist.
This fellowship motivated graduate student or post-doctoral researcher, a curious undergraduate, or a bright young high school student. WHOI is helping shape this future by offering a wide range of programs and opportunities for students and young scientists at all stages of their development.
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is a private, nonprofit research and higher education facility dedicated to the study of all aspects of marine science and engineering and to the education of marine researchers. The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is dedicated to research and education to advance understanding of the ocean and its interaction with the Earth system, and to communicating this understanding for the benefit of society.
Degree Level: This is a one-week, residential fellowship programme.
Available Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Oceanography and Ocean Engineering.
Scholarship Benefits: The fellowship covers travel expenses for all fellows and room and board for one week.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the fellowship:
- The ideal candidates will have at least two years of writing, producing, or editing experience for a general-interest audience.
Eligible Nationalities: International journalists are welcome to apply for this fellowship programme.
Application Procedure: There are two modes of applying:
- Apply online by filling out the online application form and uploading all of the required materials by the application deadline.
- You may mail your completed application form and hard copies of required materials (postmarked no later than May 12, 2017)
- Whether you apply online or via mail, all applications must include the following required materials:
- Completed application form
- Current CV or resume
- One page letter stating why you want to attend this program and what you hope to gain from it
- Three samples of professional work ideally completed within the past two years. (Uploaded articles should be in the form of PDFs or direct web links to specific work samples.
- Please include English translations of your work samples.
Deadline: The application deadline is May 12, 2017.